Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Story Bracelets

Cherryfizz
18 years ago

My friend was wearing a beaded bracelet the other day and she said it was a story bracelet a friend had made for her. The story it told was religious and each coloured or shaped bead pertained to something in the story, 3 beads for the Magi and a bead for purity, a fish bead, etc. Have any of you heard of these story beads? I was also thinking it would be cool to have a family story bracelet. My family story would have a bead representing the Navy (Father), Scotland (Mother), 8 beads for 8 siblings, a bead for the death of a baby sibling, love, and beads to represent 11 nieces and nephews, etc.

Besides beads what items do I need to have to make a bracelet. Any special tools? What do I string them on?

I also have tons of vintage buttons and many mother of pearl buttons and I would love to make bracelets using them but again I have no idea where to begin. I have searched the internet but haven't really found anything that took my fancy.

I am thinking mostly of single strand bracelets and not the woven beaded type. Something maybe dainty and feminine.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Anne

Comments (9)