Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Story Bracelets

Cherryfizz
18 years ago

My friend was wearing a beaded bracelet the other day and she said it was a story bracelet a friend had made for her. The story it told was religious and each coloured or shaped bead pertained to something in the story, 3 beads for the Magi and a bead for purity, a fish bead, etc. Have any of you heard of these story beads? I was also thinking it would be cool to have a family story bracelet. My family story would have a bead representing the Navy (Father), Scotland (Mother), 8 beads for 8 siblings, a bead for the death of a baby sibling, love, and beads to represent 11 nieces and nephews, etc.

Besides beads what items do I need to have to make a bracelet. Any special tools? What do I string them on?

I also have tons of vintage buttons and many mother of pearl buttons and I would love to make bracelets using them but again I have no idea where to begin. I have searched the internet but haven't really found anything that took my fancy.

I am thinking mostly of single strand bracelets and not the woven beaded type. Something maybe dainty and feminine.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Anne

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions