Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neck Coolers?

Posted by posieh (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 08 at 21:21

Guess I missed this somewhere, but what is in a "Neck cooler"? Do you make them in a semi-circle shape?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neck Coolers?

If you'll google "craft neck cooler" you'll find lots of sites with instructions, like this one...

I also found several links to places that sell the absorbant gel beads, watersorb.com being one of them. Some craft shops carry them, or garden centers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Look here for instructions

o

Thannks much, Flamingo ! That is an awesome site. Thanks again, there is always something new out there, isn't there?

o

Gosh, I hope there will always be something new, Posie! I get tired of making the same old, same old, really quickly, I'm always on the hunt for something new.

o

I use Soil Moist in mine. I get mine from True Value Hardware stores. They don't sell them in the store but if you have one near you they'll order it from the warehouse at no additional cost. It saves me $7.25 shipping. It comes in a 1 lb contanier and there are approx 115 T in them making approx 55 neck coolers. The container is $11.99. (My Home Depot and Lowes didn't carry them)

o

There are 115 tablespoons in them? ...and that makes 55 neck coolers??? I use 2 teaspoons in mine and the pocket I use for them is 2.25" X 21". BTW - I make so many that the last order from watersorb was $80.49 for 20 pounds - that averages out to a smidgen over $4.00 a pound and that includes the shipping!

o

I made a mistake. I meant 115 teaspoons in each pound. At 2 teaspoons each cooler, a 1 lb. container makes 57.5 neck coolers.

o

whew!! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here