Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dailycollector

Crafters Needed For Craft Show

dailycollector
16 years ago

Does anyone know how I can locate crafters for a holiday craft show? The show is in Nov., in St. Clair Shores, Michigan (southeast part of Michigan). We've been advertising everywhere and have generated a lot of response from consumers. But have found only a few crafters interested in being vendors. Any suggestions?

Comments (11)

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

Go to the website "primmart.com" - there you'll find a wonderful group of crafters who mostly do primitive/country crafts (yes holiday crafts) but a lot of the members have stores, sell online, in eBay and also do shows. You'll have to be a member of the site to participate or post any msg, easily done. Unless you're a member, you won't be able to see all of the pages/forums in the site. Once you become a member though, go to the "online community" and there is a new post asking for lists of upcoming shows, etc.

• phish_gw
    16 years ago

I have a friend who would be interested in being in your craft show. She makes the lighted glass blocks and jewelry also. Please email her at mra_aok@yahoo.com and/or send her the information for registering. Thanks!

• dailycollector
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the advice! I will look into it right away. Phish, with your message about your friend, I was wondering if I would be allowed to leave my email address, in case someone else wants to contact me. Would that be against the rules? I don't want to do anything wrong.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Lots of people put their email address here--don't know of any rule against it.

Allot of us have included our email address on "My page", you could also do that.

Good luch with the show, hope you find lots of crafters.

Luvs

• dailycollector
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone! As I mentioned, the show is in Nov. in St. Clair Shores, Michigan (about 20 minutes north of Detroit). If anyone is interested in being in the show, please email me at: henrettaenterprises@inbox.com

• christopherh
    16 years ago

Go to www.craftlister.com and list the show in the EVENTS section. (It's free) That's where you want to go for exhibitors.
    Make sure you COMPLETELY fill out the form. That way any exhibitor that is looking for shows in that area will be sure to see it.

• christopherh
    16 years ago

Are you located anywhere near HOLLY, Michigan?

That's the home base of the largest craft show promoter in the country. They do shows all over the USA, from New York to Florida to Colorado to California. I personally know exhibitors that have made over $10,000 in one weekend at their shows.

• dailycollector
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Christopherh. I had already posted on Craftlister, but didn't realize I should also post on Eventlister. Their site seems pretty thorough, and I'm impressed! I've even gotten a couple requests for apps from there.

Didn't know about the promoters in Holly. Don't live close to them; live near Lake Huron. If you don't mind, would you please send me their name. Maybe they wouldn't mind giving some advice? Thanks!

• grandma_bonnie
    16 years ago

Perhasps you can check the local Farmer's Market - I sell crafts at our local FM. Perhaps there are crafters there too - also check out the local fabric stores (don't forget Wal*Mart_) and ask if ypou cn put up a flyer for your show - Good luck with this endever - once a few crafters hear about your show - the word should fly around town!

• dailycollector
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for the excellent advice! I was going to leave flyers @ several businesses and stores, but so many of them don't allow it anymore. Especially Wal-Mart. Well, I'm going to drive around and see what I can do. I'm determined the show will go on! LOL Thanks for the support! You will probably be hearing from me often, as the show gets closer. Any advice is always welcome!! I'll let everyone know how it goes.

• silvamae
    16 years ago

Go to Craigs List (link below). Then click on arts and crafts and post your message.

Here is a link that might be useful: Craigs List Michigan

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years