Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

ceramic tile photo

oddie
16 years ago

Have been wanting to try this craft for awhile, found some tiles cheap at a yard sale, I just love this saying, had hubby make a fork easel, I think it needs something just dont know where to go from here any ideas? is the fork just to tall for the tile?

Oddie

Comments (22)

• nodakgal
    16 years ago

Oh I love that! I have a whole box of a peachy colored tile in the garage we bought and never used!
    How did you do that? Is it decopaged? Please share the details.
    Oh and I don't think the fork is too tall at all.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Oddie, it doesn't need a thing, looks just perfect. I love that you made the fork easel for it--great idea. ;o)

Do share more details of how you made it please? Love the graphic saying you used.

You know, I bet the waterslip decals would work on the tiles too.

Luvs

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks! nodakgal and luvs, guess it just looks to plain to me.
    My dad has so many family photos out thought the tile would look cute with them.
    There is so much info out there on doing the tiles and lots of photos,I just used what I had on hand, I used a liquid laminate laminating finish,used it to glue the paper onto the tile then did a couple coants on top, oh forgot to say I sprayed the print I did on my printer with a spray sealer frist so the ink doent run, thats about all there was to it, I am sure decopodge would work, I just dont like all the lines it leaves on your print, white glue would work to glue print to title you could just spray a few coats of sealer for the top ,I am sure luvs the water decals would work, lots of prettys with them, I want to do another with the saying craftylady posted ( the secret to life is enjoying the passage of time ) such a true saying, hope you dont mind craftylady!
    Happy Crafting
    Oddie

• taunia
    16 years ago

What a beautiful tile! You did a great job.

• italianchildhood
    16 years ago

I think it looks really nice! Since there are some dried twigs or something in the paper, you could add some dried twigs along the bottom or the top perhaps. It looks fine as is too!

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you! taunia and italianchildhood, and WELCOME to the fourm ! dont know why I never thought of some dried twigs, the only thing that came to mind was somekind of ribbion and nothing I had looked good, thats why I so love this fourm, everyone is so helpfull and full of ideas, please come offen and share with us your crafts, love seeing photos also.
    Happy Crafting
    Oddie

• nancelee
    16 years ago

That is so clever......just how do you make a fork easel? I have done lots of tiles but have never been real happy with the tile "holder". That is just what I need.

nancelee

• lindasc
    16 years ago

This is an idea I had been thinking about using in the bathroom on the tile that is on the wall, could I use this idea there? I had wanted to use pictures of the children and grandchildren on one section of the wall just for a fun place. Please let me know if the liquid would run down or if I could put it in thin coats.

• lindasc
    16 years ago

bump
    help please

• nancelee
    16 years ago

lindasc Do you have acess to a Xyron machine that is sold in craft stores? They work best for doing something like the tile.There are different cartridges to use and the one called laminate adhesive works great for this kind of project. You just run your picture thru and it has a strong adhesive on the back with a laminated front. Or there are other cartridges----adhesive only or double laminate. The machines come in different sizes and I use mine all the time. They are a little pricey but worth every dollar so try to use a Michaels coupon if you want to buy one.

• lindasc
    16 years ago

Thanks so much for the info, this will really be a neat project for the winter with all the long night, thanks again.

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

It really does look done. (And it's also a really excellent phrase/motto-- I can see a lot of families appreciating that and identifying.)

--Jenn

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry I was real busy and didnt get back on till today.
    Nacelee thanks for helping Indacc, I wouldnt have know the answer to that one, heres a photo of the fork easel, I just showed hubby the photo and he did the work, the cheap forks bend easy but also break easy, the others are pretty hard to bend, maybe doing a search you would get more info on how and what kind of forks work best, sorry I cant be more help!

{{gwi:1479071}}

Thanks jen glad you liked it.
    Happy Crafting
    Oddie

• nancelee
    16 years ago

oddie, Thanks so much for the great picture. I played around a little today but didn't come up with that design for the fork easel. So simple and fantastic at the same time. I will use that a lot for my tiles if it's okay with you.And thanks for sharing your idea! nancelee

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

nancelee you are welcome, but the fork easel is not my idea, saw it on another fourm a few years ago, just saved the photo, I should remove it since it is not my photo.
    Mine didnt look quite like the photo eather, I did read that if you heat the fork parts frist and let them cool off then bend that it should be eaiser.
    Happy Crafting
    Oddie

• nancelee
    16 years ago

Oddie, The photo is so helpful, at least to someone like me......ya gotta show me a picture. lol It would be nice to keep it so others could see.

nancelee

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Iam with you, I need photos, alot of times if I can see a picture I can figure my own way to make it, have read alot lately on sites where they say (do not post photos of my crafts!) got me to thinking since I can not remenber where the photo came from then maybe I shouldnt post it, if anyone would like to see photos of the fork easel just do a search lots will come up.
    Happy Crafting
    Oddie

• nancelee
    16 years ago

Well, after seeing the picture I have a working fork easel.I would like to share a little idea for the tile. I glue a clip on clothspin to the back of the tile to hold a recipe, note or favorite greeting card above the tile.

• surfergal
    16 years ago

fork easel photo - 2 center prongs bent back, end ons bent front and up

Here is a link that might be useful: fork easel

• ringaroundtherosie
    16 years ago

Oddie,

Just tried to make a fork easel; not so easy. I'm going to have my hubby try it, maybe heat it first. What size tile did you use? I got some and think they are too big obviously since I can't see the fork behind the tile. I think your tile is beautiful and so many possibilities since quotes are endless!

Rosie

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ringaroundtherosie, the tile I used was 6in, if you heat the fork then let it cool its alot eaiser to bend, I messed up a few thinking it shouldnt be to hard.
    thats the only tile I have done but you are right the possibilites are endless.
    Oddie

• angelcub
    16 years ago

That is beautiful! And what a wonderful gift it would make.

Diana