Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I made the final payment to the fair

Posted by grandma_bonnie (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 10, 09 at 18:53

so there's no turning back (Final total is $1395.00)! I'm going to be at the fair!!!I've actually stopped making neck coolers (I have around 4,000 made) and will concentrate of potato bags for the next twelve days... Wish me luck - This is the biggest endevor I have ever tried...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I made the final payment to the fair

Wow! You are going to be 1 busy woman!!That's a hefty price to pay!! Hope you do well, at least there should be lots of customers!! Take lots of cool drinks with you & sunscreen!! Jan

o

...and a huge fan to keep the air circulating! lol ...and the bathroom AND ATM is right within 100 feet! ...and water is less than 50' away too...I don't have the high priced items that require me getting a credit card processer. so these are all good things...

o

That sounds like a huge amount to pay for a space to me! Hope you sell out all of your inventory! You are such a hard working craftswoman, I'm so glad you have been so successful at it. Luvs

o

Best of luck at the fair. And oh, plenty of change! :o)

o

It IS a huge amount, but it is a well visited fair with weather in the triple digets! I have lots of inventory and change - I include the tax so I don't have to worry about pennies etc. I will have $500 in bills daily for my bank and should sell at least 100 neck coolers a day, will return $5000 - there are 4-H ers and cowboys and 58,000 paid admission last year (ooops - just found out that is 358,000) I sold 100 neck coolers on the july 4th holiday and 42 last Saturday... I should do well. I just want to have fun!!! .... and make a little/lot money!!! This may be a one time thing or maybe a yearly thing... I'll let you know after I've been there for a few days... Thank goodness I don't have to go in until noon every day - now if I could just learn to sleep in - waking up at 5:00 a. EVERY morning is the pits!

o

Watch out for checks. Some states, including ND, many have stopped taking the checks as they have a new law. The DL must be written on the check and under a certain amount, the person receiving the check cannot even collect or go to court.
Ask for small change etc and do watch the 20's and hundreds. Lots of counterfeit with these 2 denominations.

o

There is an ATM Machine 100 feet away and I take cash only! Thanks for the reminder.

o

grandma bonnie what fair is it?? I pray you do well...

o

Good luck!
kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here