Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
floor cloth

Posted by deja (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 07 at 18:29

if you were painting a floor cloth for a cottage style sun room what would you paint on it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: floor cloth

Hi Deja, there are a couple of suggestions on your post for this over on the decorating forum in case you haven't checked back there yet. Luvs

o

There is a magazine called "Cottage Style" and you can check that out for ideas. Find it at Walmart, Barnes & Noble, etc.

o

Here is a sunflower floorcloth that I painted. Hope it gives you an idea.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Evelyn, your sunflower floorcloth is wonderful. ;o) You did a great painting job on it. I didn't know you were a painter. Hope you will post some of your painted projects on the Painting forum in our gallery. Luvs

o

absolutely beautiful

thanks for sharing, I'm very new at posting so
just tolerate me

o

evelyn~ your floorcloth is beautiful. Yes, please come over to the Decorative and Tole Painting forum to share your creations any time!!

Welcome classiccrafter! :)

~Anj

o

Thanks Luvsto and Anjabee for the nice comments and the invite to the painting forum.
And thanks and welcome classiccrafter to the forum.
I'm actually not much of a painter this was only my third project ever during my second painting class.
These classes were about six months ago and I haven't painted anything since.
Not sure if I could actually do something on my own without being in a class setting.

Here is the project I did before the sunflower during my first ever painting class.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

I so love your sunflower floor cloth! its just beautiful, if I could paint like that I would call myself a painter! beautiful job on your other painting also.
deja, please post photos of yours when done, love seeing all the photo.
Happy Crafting
Oddie

o

Evelyn, that looks like a pretty difficult project for your first class! Wow! It sure turned out nice. I'd say you have some real painting talent. Grab a book, trace on a pattern and go for it. The more you practice what you've already learned the easier it will be for you. Hard to believe a "beginner" could do either the sunflower rug or the scene, they are very detailed and just beautiful. Please do post them both in the gallery on the Painting forum. I know they will inspire other painters. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here