Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pull Bows for decorating and gifts??

Posted by bamasue (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 08 at 18:28

I've googled and You tubed myself silly trying to find out how to make those pull bows...all to no avail other than to tell me how to pull the strings and form the bow OR build an archery type bow LOL!! Has anyone here ever made them or knows where I might look?? I would love to teach my Girl Scouts! Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pull Bows for decorating and gifts??

I've been wondering the same thing!

o

I've never made any--the ones I have were ordered from Current.

However, they appear to be two "tubes" of ribbon with the thinner ribbon "strings" inside. All six ribbons are secured at the top, so that when you pull on the thinner ones, it "puckers" up the outside "tube" ribbons and that makes the pretty bow.

Hope that is somewhat helpful. Good luck with your project.

Luvs

o

Thanks, Luvs! You very perfectly described the workings, and I appreciate that, but I'm still on the hunt to see if I can figure out some kind of ratio of length of ribbon to size of bow and at what intervals down the ribbon would one attach "guides" for the pull strings to slide through to form the loops. I may just have to try and buy several sizes and work up my own tutorial!! Amazing how the simplest things sometimes just boggle my mind when I feel like I'm under pressure! It'll be a fun project with the girls and their moms. I have lots of wide donated ribbon and our objective is to make the reusable bows as toppers for coffee containers filled with goodies to bring to the seniors we have "adopted". Thanks again for your help and good wishes! Sue

o

I have made pull bows using a stapler and two sizes of ribbon. I bought a pull bow and used it as a pattern. Then constructed my bow by stacking and stapling the ribbons.

I must say it was a PIA! But it worked. I won't be making any more - it was just a lark!

o

Well, I bought some pull bows, checked them out and have decided that Lavonnew is absolutely correct. Too much trouble! Have about decided instead to just make some quick string bows and just concentrate further on what we'll make for the inside of the containers! Sue

o

Just a note here, go to
www.save-on-crafts.com/howtomakeperb
Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here