Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Luvs, Too much Glass...etc....

Posted by jaybird (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 08 at 17:53

I want to make something that requires glueing glass to glass. I always use E6000(or something with a name like that :^) for everything, but someone suggested that glass makers use a different glue that is stronger. I figured if anyone would know what that glue is, it would be someone here.
Sincere thanks for any info you can provide.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Luvs, Too much Glass...etc....

Luvs ----- E-6000 is great for inside stuff ... glass to glass. If you want to glue something that will be outside ..... GE Silicone 2 is the best . It dries perfectly clear and is weather proof. Whatcha doing ??? :) ( Nosey me ) PS - I sent the list of books to you ...

o
Well -DUH !

I'm sorry Jaybird ---- you started this post - not luvs !! LOL ...... I've been screwing up names so much lately - it's laughable !

o

Don't worry, I've been known to mix up names too. I got your email by the way and replied.

Jaybird, you can get the GE Silicone II for windows and doors at Walmart and Lowe's. Make sure you get the one that says "clear" because there are others out there.

Most of the ladies on the Garden Junk forum use it on their glass totems. Mine have been out in the hot California sun and daily water from sprinklers for a couple of years now and still holding fine.

Only problems I've heard of have been from "old" tubes of it--so try to check for an expiration date. It comes in small squeeze tubes as well as the ones you use the "caulk" gun with.

Here's a site that might be helpful too.

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Glue advice

o

Thank you ladies!!!
I am making candle lamps for the "girls" in the family for Christmas. A glass candle holder, a glass bobeche with crystal dangles on top of the holder and then a glass votive holder (with the peg on the bottom) for the top. I have a couple of the votives that are etched and really pretty. I want to glue the whole thing together since there are kidlets in most of the families.
I really appreciate your help!

o

And I hope they give YOU a camera, Jay. You have been promising pics, and I would sure love to see what you are creating!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here