Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sewinggoddess

Who uses ETSY??

sewinggoddess
15 years ago

Etsy is a neat site. There is a bunch of stuff. I'm thinking of putting stuff up myself but am wondering if a lot of people do? My son introduced me to the website. He bought a shirt from a store on there that he's obsessed with. I too found a sewing supply store there that had a lot of good notions and tools.

This is what my kid likes:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5856885

This is what I like:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5832472

Are people really on this site? Is it easy to set up and sell?

Comments (10)

• honeysuckleridge
    15 years ago

I love it!!! It's a lot of work...and I've never sold anything there...but I buy at least one thing a week from there.
    I LOVE IT!!!

good luck!!
    ginger

• oddie
    15 years ago

I have a etsy shop, havent sold a thing, just about ready to give up myself, maybe my type of crafts just are not what people are looking for. ginger I cant beleive that you have not sold any of your beautiful jewerly!!! care to share your store name with us, tried finding your shop with no luck, miss seeing your beautiful crafts.
    oddie

• FlamingO in AR
    15 years ago

I have an Etsy shop and sell something about once a week or so. I also got a large order from a lady who has a shop in WV so that worked out well for me. I sell condiment wallets, cell phone purses, camera cases, coasters, etc. I sold one faerie, and a couple of special orders. It's fun, I like Etsy a lot. I've also purchased a few wonderful things there.

I had the best time setting up my shop and making my banner. I use the name FlossieBlossoms.

• sjarz
    15 years ago

I had a little shop but didn't sell anything so I closed it up.
    I like that it costs 20 cents to list something and it can stay on there for 4 months.
    When I wanted to close my shop I owed them 60 cents, you can't pay your bill unless it's over a dollar - I emailed them to tell them I would like to pay them the 60 cents I owe them - they emailed back and said to not worry about paying it.
    Ebay would never do that...lol.
    There was quite a big write up about Etsy and the sellers in Mary Engelbreicht's Home Companion this month, so that may increase the viewing public.
    Suzan J

• scarlett2001
    15 years ago

Have not tried to sell anything but I bought a beautiful watch with a band made of old silver spoons - the quality was good and it cost a fraction of what I have seen other places.

• honeysuckleridge
    15 years ago

awww oddie you are too kind. There is so much competition there in the jewelry department unless you are listing something new every night you can't compete. I just don't have the time to list something new and keep making new.

I'm crazy enough to have accepted 5 invitations within a 6 week stretch in October/November...my fingers are already numb..lol

Thank you again!!
    ginger

• njtomboy
    15 years ago

Hi Ginger... did you leave us? I miss you. Some one was asking about you a couple weeks ago...

NJT

• honeysuckleridge
    15 years ago

Hi NJ...since the change out over there I only visit every once in a while, not too often.
    The person looking for me was part of my old MSN group, I'm no longer affiliated with, but I'm sorry to say my name is still attached to...anyway...she found me.
    Thank you!! It's so good to see you!!!

ginger

• njtomboy
    15 years ago

Well I am glad to have found you..

There was also a poster who was making jewelry and I replied that her piece reminded me of you. I gave her the link to your personal pages.

She was thrilled I would compare you two.... She is just a beginner.. but she portrayed an elegance not usually seen in jewelry designs.. like I SEE in yours!

Anywho I would love to keep in touch... even if it's here and there... Note my blog.. and let me know if you have one as well... So we can check up on each other from time to time.

NJT

Here is a link that might be useful: A day in my life as a tomboy...

• Deb_from_Pa
    15 years ago

I have a myspace, but never have timme to do much with it, since i bought my restaurant....it is how i keep in touch with some family members now since I am working about 16 hrs a day, most of the time 7 days a week. I also have my own crafting board, but dont keep many ppl on it. I like to be able to keep up with that, and do manage to check it out about twice a day......it is slow right now anyway with summer here and now wwith ppl getting started on getting ready for back to school!
    Thanks for sharing
    I am anxious to go to etsy to see if I can find any cricut cartridges. I want to decorate my huge windows in the next couple of weeks with back to school theme

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH