Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
couple of crafts i made :)

Posted by luthien (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 7, 09 at 13:16

hi hi hi!
just a short post to share two crafts i made over this couple of weeks... really love them and looking forward to making some more of these!! woopee!!

this first one is actually a luggage tag :) the golden brown rock-like borders are made from texture paste (something like white putty but for art purposes) then painted over with acrylics. the dragonfly and the captions were decoupaged. i stippled the edges of the tags with some brown stains to give it the aged look. the bunch of stuff attached to it are just fibers and some faux leather and a handsewn glitter ribbon. but what i like are the little swirlly thingys i found (they are actually paper clips!) perfect for clipping little notes or pictures to the tags :)

Beloved

this next one is so impromptu. i found a stash of peacock feather and thought i would make something out of them :) the covers of this little book are really my coaster base! (if you have any old square coasters, just drill a couple of holes in them and wallah! you have mini book covers!) the pages are hand torn recycle paper... all 100 pieces of them! :D

imperfect little book

hope you love these as much as i do :) as always if you want to read more just click on the link below :) and of course i always love to hear what you think!! :)

have a creative week!!
peace and hugs,
luthien :)

Here is a link that might be useful: a place where i write about my creative processes :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: couple of crafts i made :)

They are winderful...You do beautiful work...

o

You make beautiful things! The tags are my favorite. :o)

o

hey leveta & jane :)
thank you very much for your sweet comments :) really appreciate them :))

o

They are lovely! You're very talented!
kathy

o

thank you kathy :))

o

Just Beautiful! you do such a beautiful job on all your projects you share with us,your tags are sooo very pretty! will have to take a walk in the creek and see if I can find some rocks worth painting on,still waiting to try that one, havent crafted in way to long.
Thanks for shareing!
oddie

o

thank you very much oddie :)) that will be so cool!!! remember to post pictures!!
HUGS!
luthien :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here