Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luthien_gw

couple of crafts i made :)

luthien
14 years ago

hi hi hi!

just a short post to share two crafts i made over this couple of weeks... really love them and looking forward to making some more of these!! woopee!!

this first one is actually a luggage tag :) the golden brown rock-like borders are made from texture paste (something like white putty but for art purposes) then painted over with acrylics. the dragonfly and the captions were decoupaged. i stippled the edges of the tags with some brown stains to give it the aged look. the bunch of stuff attached to it are just fibers and some faux leather and a handsewn glitter ribbon. but what i like are the little swirlly thingys i found (they are actually paper clips!) perfect for clipping little notes or pictures to the tags :)

this next one is so impromptu. i found a stash of peacock feather and thought i would make something out of them :) the covers of this little book are really my coaster base! (if you have any old square coasters, just drill a couple of holes in them and wallah! you have mini book covers!) the pages are hand torn recycle paper... all 100 pieces of them! :D

hope you love these as much as i do :) as always if you want to read more just click on the link below :) and of course i always love to hear what you think!! :)

have a creative week!!

peace and hugs,

luthien :)

Here is a link that might be useful: a place where i write about my creative processes :)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer