Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it tacky to...???

Posted by suzieca (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 08 at 13:01

We have to replace out toilet...instead of taking it to the dumpsite would it be tacky to paint it and plant some flowers in it for the backyard? We were thinking of just the lower (bowl) part not the upper tank. What do y'all think?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it tacky to...???

It's not tacky at all !!!!! It's CREATIVE Go for it !!! I see alot of them in the country - they look so neat .... I'm sure everyone here will think so too !

o

Suzieca, take a look over at the Garden Junk forum. One was posted just recently. You can probably just use the search box to find posts and pics of the ones that have been done.

As for me, I'd probably not put one in my front yard--but the back yard might be another story! Might be cute to paint a sign to go by it saying something like "Potty Plot" or "Toilet Tulips"--you get the idea! LOL

Luvs

o

LOL...we bought the paint for it today...it's going in the backyard in a corner. Besides it's costly to dispose of it...min $25 + at the local dump site.

o

I think it would be cute! You can add a sign that say (LOL) "Here ...everything comes up roses" LOL Assuming you put roses in there.

o

There are plenty of beautiful planted toilets on the Garden Junk forum...bowl,tank and all,lol..oh,and I've seen them make fish from the rest of it!

o

HA HA HA..you could call it your flower "pot"

o

How about adding a sign - "Don't P on my petunias"... lol

o

Here's my "Flower Potty"
I posted it on Garden Junk

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Junk

o

We used one with a plastic bowl in it as a doggy water station. I was sad that we had to leave it when we moved:(

o

Way, way beyond tacky, unless you live in certain parts of the country, which shall remain un-named...

o

Mosaic it....a work of art crapper.....

patti

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here