Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby Food jars.

Posted by ivamae (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 13:00

I'm looking for some new ideas for using these jars to make something for a bazaar. Last year, I made some Santas with knit hats and white whiskers, etc.and filled with candy, some decorated and filled with poppuri, and some I used plasticine and anchored little flowers in the inside the lid for little flower gardens. I also made scented candles n some. All were cute.
I'd like some new ideas for this year.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby Food jars.

bath salts that you can make pretty inexpensive,too...
make little sewing kits...
wire a handle to hang and make lanterns...

o
RE: Baby Food jars.

I've taken ten baby food jars and glued them together in the form of a tree or pyramid then inserted tinsel into each jar along with a string of mini Christmas tree lights strung between all the jars. It turned out neat.

A small hole in each jar lid lets you run the lights from jar to jar. The jars were stacked in rows of 1 in the first row, 2 in the second, then 3 and 4. If you want, you can add another row of 2 jars centered at the bottom to create a tree trunk.

If you try it, be sure to use the new LED lights since they last forever and they don't get hot.
. .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here