Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
glass cutting board

Posted by sushakoor (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 07 at 12:54

I have a plain glass cutting board..does anyone know how to laminate wallpaper or picture behind it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: glass cutting board

If it were mine, I would probably use Mod Podge. Put it on the front of the design and then press it to the back of the cutting board. Make sure you get all the air bubbles out, let it dry, then put one or two more coats of the Mod Podge on it. Luvs

o

That should work they did a lot of "painting" glass/plastic plates that way on the old Aleene's TV shows

o

I have one of those...I just keep a place mat under it...and change it with the seasons...

You can buy those tapestry placemats with pictures on them..

Right now I have one with a large Rooster on it.

At Christmas I have one with three candles sitting in a mass of pine needles and ribbons.

Very easy and easy to change.

patti

o

I have been thinking about doing something with mine for months now and just talked about this again yesterday when I was at my in-laws. I was thinking about painting on the back of mine and sealing it, however. You would have to paint the picture opposite of what you wanted, though.

o

Thanks for you help! I never thought of Mod Podge....I'll try that.

o

Guess you learn something every day. I didn't even know they made glass cutting boards!

Patti, if you can, please post a pic sometime of yours with the place mat under it. That really sounds cute!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here