Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Acrylic Blocks

Posted by sjarz (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 08 at 12:40

Does anyone have an extra Acrylic Block - like the glass one's people use for windows and doors - hanging around that they could send me for a small fee?
I live in BC and nobody around here seems to be selling them anymore - I want to try a project before I decide if I am going to go in a big Christmas craft fair.
I want the Acrylic because they are easy to drill a hole in for the lights....
Anybody able to help me out?
Suzan J

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Acrylic Blocks

Sjarz, sorry no one here has been able to help. I didn't even know there were acrylic blocks, so obviously I'm no help to you. Sure hope someone will pop in here with an answer for you. Luvs

o

Can you post a pic... all I can imagine are the acrylic 'stamping' blocks... which I am sure you don't mean....

Here is a link that might be useful: acrylic 'stamping' blocks

o

Since we're talking acrylic blocks - is there anything else you can use in place of an expensive acrylic block for stamping? What else would my stamps stick to?
Thanks

o

If you have a Hobby Lobby around. They have them...

o

Suzan, I saw the predrilled glass blocks at my Hobby Lobby today, they're $7.99 each and have either a small round hole(1.5" maybe) in one side or a longer rectangular hole(1" x 3" roughly) each with a plastic cap. If you want any of them, I'd be happy to send them to you. They're quite heavy, though, as they are the glass and not acrylic.

o

I haven't seen any recently, but last year, our local craft store wanted $12 US for ONE acryllic block. I can look next time I go, but I am afraid that shipping would be a fortune. If you want me to check, email me with craft forum in the subject line, maybe with acryllic blocks. I don't get to the crafts forum often. I will be happy to help if I can.

Tami

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here