Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What Glue? Please help it's important...

Posted by sapphires (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 08 at 11:02

Hi,
I really need your TRIED AND TRUE help with glue. I need to know what glue or glues I need to glue these items. I want if to dry clear. I shop at A.C.Moore if that helps but will look elsewhere if need be.
Plastic to glass
Mirror backing to chipboard boxes
Ribbons and rhinestones to chipboard boxes

Also, what is the best PAINT for plastic? Will acrylic come off? I am painting tiny Barbie shoes from white to red so I think a spray is out of the question. Is it? Starting my Christmas ornaments for the family. As far as the glue and paint goes, I want something that is really going to last and look nice. Thank you.

Sapphires

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Glue? Please help it's important...

E6000 for your glass to chipboard or even Aleene's in the gold bottle will work with these 2 surfaces...again the tacky glue for the ribbon and rhinestones(must have silver backing). Just give it over night to set permanantly if you live in a hot and humid climate like me
Best paint for plastic...Krylon spray for plastic or Rustoleum's Innovations or Design Master.

Best of luck!!

ginger

Here is a link that might be useful: GLue Website

o

Ginger,
Thank you very much for a quick helpful response.
Sapphires

o

If you are just painting a pair of tiny Barbie shoes red maybe just use nail polish from the dollar store. It even comes with it's own tiny brush! I've used nail polish to paint lots of tiny items when I don't want to buy a whole can of paint that I will never use again. Nail polish these days come in a whole range of colors including blue, green, black, white, and yellow, besides tha usual red, orange, pink and purple.

o

Aileen's Fabric Tac is a must have for me. I don't know why it is called "fabric", works for everything. It is clear and will glue anything to anything. You can find this at most craft stores, WM being the less expensive option.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here