Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donnas_gw

just some ornaments for my tree that I made

donnas_gw
14 years ago

I was looking through one of my craft books and saw these. Thought I'd make some for my tree this Christmas.

Comments (5)

• minnie_tx
    14 years ago

Those are so cute how about telling us how-to???

• donnas_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I used 2" and 2 3/8" round plain wood circles for the base, which I got at Michaels. They are about 1/4" thick. The directions said to paint both sides white as well as all around the edges. I did paint the edges on each one, but on some I painted the sides but didn't on others. You don't have to use white paint, you can match the paint color with the fabric or whatever you use.

For the first one on top I used a metallic gift wrapping paper. I put the wood circle on the back side and traced 2 of them, then cut both out. I glued them on using tacky glue. I did the same with the yellow/white polka dots and striped one. But for those I used some scrapbooking paper I had. The rest are fabric, which I used wonder under to fuse them onto the circles.

I bought a 1/8" dowel rod and cut 4 1/2" sticks, and painted them white. Very carefully, I drilled a small hole to insert the stick into the wood circles (I added glue so they would stay in). Drilling the holes was not part of the instructions, it's what I wanted to do. The book said glue 1" of the stick onto the circle.

For the wrapper, I used clear cellophane paper. I used a large dinner plate and my small rotary cutter to cut around the plate. Centered the lollipop onto this paper and brought it all together at the bottom, using a small piece of floral wire to hold it in place before putting on the bow. I used 1/4" wide ribbon for the bows (14-15"). I really didn't measure the ribbon for the hanger, but that is glued onto the back of the lollipop.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Very cute!! Like that you "improved" on the idea you had seen, that's what I often do. Makes them "yours"!! Jan

• barb_from_pa
    14 years ago

cute!

• donnas_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I reread the instructions. It said to paint only one side of the circle white along with the edges. According to the book, the white painted side is where you glue the white stick onto, and the fabric goes on the unpainted side. I was wondering how you would fuse fabric over 1" of the stick. I'm glad I did it my way and covered both sides, and drilled the holes. Who wants to turn it over to see a plain white back?

No way did I hold those small circles in my hand when drilling those holes. I had something that I think is called a clamp(?) and used that to hold onto the circles while drilling the holes. They are very hard to squeeze open. I think you could do hand exercises with the things..lol.

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator