Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
campk35

Group Craft Project Ideas

campk35
16 years ago

I am needing some ideas for a group craft project for about 15 women. Nothing too complicated-maybe a craft project where they do the same project but each one could decorate her's in her own way. Any suggestions on what we could do or websites to go to for ideas?

Thank-you

Comments (6)

• ladynimue
    16 years ago

I think this is a simple and fun one - decoupage paper designs. Just use the cardboard backing from a picture frame, decoupage glue & foam brushes, craft sticks for spreading & getting bumps out, and lots of paper of some type (scrapbook, gift wrap, napkins). It's always fun to see the different art everyone comes up with and they can frame it after it dries :) They could even paint designs on the frames. It's easy to chat while doing this, too.

• barbaratx
    16 years ago

How about book marks. Get some waxed linen (you can find this at Wal-Mart) and some beads. String beads at both ends of the waxed linen. No beads in the middle - that's the part that goes in the book. The beads hang from the top and bottom of the book. I hope this makes sense, I'm not good at verbal directions (I'm a visual person).

• barb_from_pa
    16 years ago

You can really find some neat beads to do the book thongs with. Here is a link where they used ribbon. I used the waxed cord like barbaratx.

Here is a link that might be useful: book thong

• pattico_gw
    16 years ago

I use seed beads in the middle and different kinds of larger beads on both ends. and I use beading wire so they are strong. The sead beads fit nicely in the seam of a book.

• nancyjj
    12 years ago

I am starting Crafting classes for a group of ladies from my Guild for next year 2012. I would love any suggestions that anyone would have to help me get started. I am looking for crafting ideas that they can either make for their home or learn to do (faux painting, etc.). I have decided to do floral arranging and holiday centerpieces for the Spring and Holidays 2012. Thank you to anyone who can help. I came to the professionals for help.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

The most successful projects I have done with groups:

Decoupage picture frames (I kept my eyes out for inexpensive frames with wide flat edges, and prepicked from my paper stash including paper letters form scrapbooking supplies so people could make words. I used modpodge, but you can water down Elmers. I took everyone's home and put several coats of polyurethane over several days, but people could spray uerethane their own once the glue was totally dry. another possibility is to use mirrors or boxes etc.

Message boards with criss crossed ribbon. I used homesote as the base. A 4' x 8' sheet is pretty cheap and it can be cut up into many pieces. The quilt batting and fabric and ribbon. Staple gun and decorative tacks. People loved these so much we did it twice.

I'm looking forward to hearing what others have done.

Kathy