Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jar candles

Posted by mjowest (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 8, 09 at 8:40

Simple question this morning!

I am planning on making some canning jar candles for gifts-
I fill the jar (clear and blue) with something, add a votive holder and candle, add some raffia or ripped fabric and
Voila!

But I'm at a mental block on what to put in the jars.
I have:
buttons- check
marbles- check
colored stones- check!
Popourri- or however you spell it... check!

What other things would look nice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jar candles

beans in layers of different colors

family pictures, the 3 1/2" X 5" size fits the best, put two in there, back to back or separated with clear marbles

mini cookie cutters

mini silk flower or greenery arrangements

bath salts

for a seamstress, a mini sewing kit with the tape measure to tie around the top of the jar

o
RE: jar candles

rhinestones/cut glass gemstones and gold/silver toned costume jewelry with a decoupaged treasure chest on the inside of the jar.

little bit pf sand, sea shells, beach glass, tiny sand dollars, starfish and many other tiny sea related things.

try anything you want if it doesn't look right to you dump and try something else.

CT

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here