Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me find the awning hardware

Posted by t1nker (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 08 at 22:37

I am trying to find the hardware for this window awning for the inside. Could someone help me. http://www.myhomeideas.com/myhome/photos/0,30587,849140_775720,00.html this is the link for the picture I am new at this so not sure how to upload the photo.

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern living

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me find the awning hardware

Oh gosh, Tinker, I was hoping someone on here could help you. I know nothing about this kind of thing. Wonder if someone on the Home Decorating forum would know? Maybe print out a picture and take it to JC Penney with you. I hear their curtain dept. is pretty good. Those sure look pretty. Good luck with your search. Luvs

o

If you check some local gardening centers of even places like JoAnn Fabrics perhaps you could find something similar to what you're looking for and have it cut down to size.

o

Can you recreate the look with small flag holders, pipe or dowels and rod caps? Or how about a flag pole? Have you done a google image search on this?

o

I was curious enough to do a google image search. There was one photo that showed up very similar to yours. It was the front of a small old store, but from a photographer's site. I suspect the ones in your pic are antiques. But as others have suggested, you could easily make them. The idea of flag pole holders is great. Then you could buy curtain rod spears (have seen them at Target) and add to metal poles.

There were a few links for decorative awning supports, I googled "wrought iron support brackets". The products were really expensive, but worth a look.

o

I want this, too. I've been searching online, and have contacted a business about custom made. I will let you know if I find anything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here