Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixie_lou

Craft wars

pixie_lou
11 years ago

Is anyone watching Craft Wars on TLC tonite? It's sponsored by Michaels.

They had 3 contestants and a mini challenge - 1 hour to create a duffle bag out of sports equipment. One contestant was eliminated Now the final 2 contestants have 5 hours to make a playhouse out of school supplies.

I think this is the series premiere.

Comments (14)

• bleigh
    11 years ago

I watched a few minutes of it last night. Wasn't too impressed with what I saw. Certainly won't be going out of my way to watch it again. I would rather spend my time looking at blogs that have great and well finished projects. Plus, Torri Spelling's lipstick was driving me insane...I just wanted to pass her a tissue and to tell her to blot.

• trudymom
    11 years ago

I completely agree with bleigh.

• pixie_lou
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I never made it to the end of the show. So I don't know how the play houses turned out. But the duffle bags that were made - a couple looked like elementary school art projects gone astray.

Here is a link that might be useful: Craft Wars Projects

• christopherh
    11 years ago

As a professional full time crafter who does craft shows/fairs for a living, I found the show to be an insult.

The show's premise seems to be the stereotypical "crafts" and not the real world.

And you're all correct about the lipstick. My wife asked if she put it on with a paint roller.

• scarlett2001
    11 years ago

Totally agree with all posts above and also - Im SO tired of these phoney competition reality shows where people act as if their lives depend on whether they are "eliminated" or not. Design Star, Project Runway, etc. etc. Cookie cutter shows.

• enjoyingspring
    11 years ago

I agree, terrible show, I craft a lot and sure can't relate to any of what I saw. I am sure it will be off the air soon.

• onescrappynana
    11 years ago

I agree. This show is awful. If I was Michael's I would pull my sponsorship, quick. Why would you want to be associated with a show that creates junk?

• megamuffins
    11 years ago

I saw the advertisement and was not impressed.

• minnie_tx
    11 years ago

I agree with everyone If Michael's sponsors it they could do a better job. I dont like subjective judging anyway.

I posted about this somewhere when it first came on .

Insult right

• kayjones
    11 years ago

They could have picked ANYONE but Tori - she's ugly and thinks her poo doesn't stink PLUS, she can't act - she's on a par with Kris Kardashian, imho - no, I can't bear to watch it!

• toomuchglass
    11 years ago

I'm glad I'm not the only one ! I thought it was awful . One time watching it was enough for me.

• lindasc
    11 years ago

I agree with it being a terrible show. I told one the workers at Michael's and she agreed. I would love to see a good craft show but everything now is just copying and twisting other shows. It is not worth the time to watch.

• minnie_tx
    11 years ago

I accidentally saw part of the last show about building some kind of house. Whatever it was. It was so terrible I turned it off. if they are getting any ratings it must be from the Michael's workers or something.

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner