Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
making jewelry out of flowers...?

Posted by vicki_il (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 15, 08 at 21:07

I'm looking for patterns, instructions, etc. on how to make jewelry using dried flowers like from wedding bouquets, etc. Anyone here know anything about this?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: making jewelry out of flowers...?

have never made the beads myself, its on my long list of things I want to try, if this is what you are talking about check out the link, its for rose beads but says you can use any flowers.
oddie

Here is a link that might be useful: flower beads

o

I've never even heard of flower beads but found this interesting. My monitor makes the color of the bead look brown. Do all the flower colors end up brown? Don't they crumble after a while? I am looking for something fun to do for my spirit.

o

Maybe you could try the popular resin jewelry. I haven't tried to do many dried plant materials except baby's breath, but I have SEEN photos of other people using dried red rosebuds,and the color stayed red. So far I've only made them in spoons, but I bought candy molds at a yard sale to do some like that.

o

resin jewelry instructions here -

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_jewelry/article/0,2025,DIY_13762_5731337,00.html

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY resin jewelry

o

I have used dried flowers a lot for various projects.

As far as the natural color remaining, it depends on the flower.
Some keep their pretty natural color while others fade out or turn brown.

For the ones that don't keep their natural color, I water down acrylic paint and give them a light coat of paint.
Don't get them too wet...just a light coat.
Let them dry a couple of days and then use.

Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here