Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Has anyone used these?

luvstocraft
16 years ago

I found these pavers at Lowe's several months ago. Thought the shape could be painted and made into "people". I was thinking of something like Raggedy Anne & Andy, or maybe a garden lady. Could add wood cutouts, silk flowers, etc.

Has anyone on here ever made a project with these? Or do you have any other ideas that might work?

I've painted on the regular pavers, just thought this might be something new to try.

Here's a front and a side view. Luvs

{{gwi:155243}}

{{gwi:155246}}

Comments (10)

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

Those are neat. I haven't seen them before. I know you'll come up with some gret ideas.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Minnie, How are you doing? Haven't chatted with you for awhile. Got lots of suggestions from Anj on the painting forum, and someone on Garden Junk suggested a clothespin. Wouldn't that be cute for a laundry room doorstop? ;o)

Luvs

• sharon_fl
    16 years ago

The rounded top ones would be perfect to paint choir kids on. Big heads with an "O" for the mouth, red or green robes & white yoke collars. Or make them into carolers. You could attach something to the back of each, for arms (thick wire?) then glue a faux songbook/hymnal onto their 'hands'.

• Tnflower_lover
    16 years ago

Here are some ideas. I know i have seen some posted here before

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tnflower lover, that link is for the other type of pavers. I've done a few of those. A couple of the ones on there could certainly be adapted to this type paver also. Thanks for the ideas.

Sharon, I like the choir kids/ caroler idea too. I think I even have a pattern for one with the O mouth in one of my craft mags. Thanks.

Luvs

• nodakgal
    16 years ago

Luvs,
    There are a slug of them pictured at this link. Angels, 4th of July lady, golfer, gingerbread men I think...I can't remember what all.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lots and lots of paver pics of all kinds

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Nodakgal, those were so fun to see. Love all the imagination that went into them. I'd better pick something and get busy. I guess these pavers have been out for awhile and I just hadn't noticed them. Luvs

• njtomboy
    16 years ago

I don't do pavers (well not yet lol) but the 1st thing I thought of when I saw them was "March of the Wooden Soldiers" - you'd have to add a hat.....

Those are very cute!

• surfergal
    16 years ago

I have a dumb question about the decorated pavers? What do people do with them? My first thought was they use them in their yards and gardens, but I see many decorated with silk flowers, straw hats, yarn and other materials that I would guess to not be weatherproof. so do people keep these inside their homes?

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

NJ, that's a cute idea too--I'll keep it in mind. With all these great ideas, I may have to go buy more of the pavers--I only have two of them now.

Surfergal, I display some of mine on a shelf in front of my living room window. It is sheltered by the roof. I do have a couple like my ladybug and snail that I keep out in the garden or on the back patio.

Luvs

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County