o
My BB so far

Posted by kattydid (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 07 at 20:01

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My BB so far

That is looking so good. You'll have to give us all the details on how you are putting the pics on the back of the half marbles. Did you cut up actual pics, or just do it somehow on your computer? Now I'm curious. That will be so fun for everyone. Luvs

o

AWESOME, that is looking so fantastic!!!

o

Good grief, that looks like a lot of work went into it already!

--Jenn

o

wow ,after all that work I have to ask how well the photos will hold up in the weather, will the sun fade the photos? and how did you seal the back of the photo, what a wonderful idea and way to display all those cute family photos we all have plenty of, yes please tell us all the details!
Happy Crafting
Oddie

o

how come I cant see the pic?

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Sorry my cookies got disabled somehow,

o

what a Beautiful bowling ball!!!!!!!!!!! You did a great job. What a time consuming job that was but it was sure worth it. That is a great idea. I have done bowling balls but I would have never thought of anything like that. I didn't have any luck with gluing the marbles on. I used the silicone clear for windows and it just didn't work, The marbles started falling off the first summer, That is when I decided to paint them to look like different things.My painted bowling balls are on my website.

elliejo
www.elliesretirementdreamcrafts.com

o

I've seen this done on hair clips and bracelets, but never on bowling balls! I too wonder how long till the weather eats up the photos. I've had bad luck with the GE silicone also. I started losing my marbles within a year after I glued them on. But then, I did leave the bb out all year round. Good luck with yours!

o

Quote ---

" I started losing my marbles "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lost mine a long time ago !!! ROFL !!!

o

hahahaa "marbles lost"

That's cute. I just bought the GE II Silicone glue to try... I orig. had the GE I but was told it doesn't hold as well... I guess I will either return the GE I or keep it for a less stressful job.

o

Tell us how this is done........Do you just shrink photo and glue on pebble?

o

nasic link for pic magnets is below if you are inkjet printing, you will probably need to use a clear sealer to keep the ink from running

alt links
http://www.littlecabbage.com/diy/marbles.html
http://www.kidsdomain.com/craft/marble-magnets.html

marble bowling ball instructions
http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/junk/2002032841010371.html

Here is a link that might be useful: link to marble magnets

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here