Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glue for glass- not garden items!

Posted by mjowest (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 19:30

I am gluing burlap and paper to glass vases- but a glue gun does not hold them in place- they just slip right off-along with the glue glob...
any suggestions on glue to hold things in place? Good old Elmers?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glue for glass- not garden items!

I just saw a new spray adhesive at WalMart - I love E6000 and there is now a spray adhesive by them that is water clean up and no smells! Go go a search engine and read about it... I also wonder if ModgePodge would work - does it dry clear? I think it does...

o

So did you find anyting that works?

o

I found some Weldbond in my stash- suppose to attach anything, including glass- they are drying right now.
that's the worst part, getting them to hold still till they dry!

we'll see tomorrow if they hold...

o

Yes! they are holding, and it dried clear.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here