Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what glue for polypropylene?

Posted by suzieca (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 08 at 18:17

I want to attach some pieces of 100% polypropylene to each other. What's the best way to do it? Is there a glue that would work or do I get out the sewing machine?
TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what glue for polypropylene?

Here's a website that is helpful for finding the right glue to use. Good luck with your project. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: This to That glue site

o
RE: what glue for polypropylene?-solved

Thank you but I decided to sew them...turned out nice and only took me about an hour to make 4 placemats. They were actually quite easy to sew on the machine.

o

You know we love to see pics here, how about a pic of your new placemats? Glad you were able to figure it out. Luvs

o
RE: photos

OK, here are some photos of what I did...basically found round placemats in black and a brick color (looks more red in the photo)at TJMaxx for $1.99 each. I sewed 2 black ones first then topped with the brick one. At least it's kind of different and since it's polypropylene (plastic) easy to clean so can use everyday.
Another thing we were able to do because the cabinet guy mis-measured 2 doors...he gave us the incorrect doors which were just under 14in sq. Glued a 12in tile to them and made two matching hotplates and the wood matches my cabinets(maple). So, for not much money I have 4 place mats and 2 hotplates.

Here is a link that might be useful: placemats and hotplate

o

Those are different, very dramatic looking and a nice new look. Love your countertops--beautiful, and what a great idea for the hot plates. Both are very good projects, thanks for sharing. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here