Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Feedsack Pillowcase Dress

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 15, 10 at 17:44

I just made a dress for a little girl...it will fit toddler girls as a dress up to young girls as a top...by using a pillowcase! And if you don't have a pillowcase...just sew a piece of fabric into a tube and go from there:D Add lace,rickrack,buttons....whatever you like...for embellishments. I have a tutorial on how to make it, and how to use elastic thread for shirring the top; or just fold down the top and use ribbon or elastic..check my blog for the complete photo tutorial :D
kudzu/cherry

Here is a link that might be useful: Pillowcase Dress Tutorial

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Feedsack Pillowcase Dress

OMG that is too cute!! You've got serious talent! I wish I had little ones who could wear that. Beautiful job!

o

Very cute!! I loved when pillowcases were so pretty like that. They are so dull now, but have gotten some pretty new ones at TS. So cute for the younger set!! Jan

o

thanks ya'll!

o

I found instructions online a few weeks ago for my grandaughter to make. (she is age 14 and has just bought her own sewing machine) She has a little sister (actually neice but they have custody of her) who has just started walking..we are going to downsize it to fit her. I think it will be simple enough for grandaughter to do. This one is just gathered at the top seam with ties that tie at the shoulders.

o

There is a charity that makes and gives them to African children. Myself and another lady made 90 between us to send to Africa thru a church that has a mission there.
I believe the site is--littledressesforafrica.com

o

That is just precious! You do the cutest things. I recently made the ballerina flip-flops for some of my young friends. We did them as a camping craft project and everybody in the park went nuts over them. Thanks for all the great ideas.
Frou

o

thanks so much ya'll!
kudzu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here