Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
onescrappynana

Christmas crafting ideas

onescrappynana
11 years ago

Now, that it is the middle of summer, its time for me to start thinking Christmas. One of the ways I can handle the 112 degree heat in the Arizona desert.

Anyone have some new ideas for Christmas Crafts?

Thanks,

Mary Ann

Comments (7)

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Have you checked out Pinterest? I love that place, tons of photos. If you put Christmas crafts in the search box, there might be new ideas for you. I have already saved a few from there myself.

Karen

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

I should have put the link for you, Mary Ann. Here it is, and I'm sure if you go to some of folks actual 'boards' you'll find even more.

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas Crafts on Pinterest

• mjowest
    11 years ago

Yea, but it's a "Dry" heat, isn't it? lol-
    Glad to have the heat break today!

• grannytme
    11 years ago

these are some of the sites I get inspired by...craftgawker craftsy icrochet...

• sameboat
    11 years ago

I don't know if this is a "new" idea or not, but it's the first I've seen it...

I was looking through YouTube on how to marble-swirl nail art. You fill a small bowl with with water, drip drops of nail polish into it, swirl with a toothpick, then push your nail over it.

Then I thought - OH! - you could do this on objects for decorations. And I found on YouTube someone swirling paint (the kind that comes in the little squeeze bottles at JoAnn's or WalMart) in a bowl of water. Then she dipped clear plastic or glass Christmas balls into it. They were awesome! Green, Red and Gold marbleized ornaments for the tree. or whatever colors you want - even for Valentine's Day. I suppose you could use nail polish as well but I don't know what would happen if the polish came in contact with a Christmas light, probably nothing more than would happen with the acrylic paint. I don't know.

I also saw a video of someone swirling the paint on the INSIDE of the balls, but I much prefer the ones with the marbleizing on the outside. It comes out finer and way more marbleized.

Anyway, it would be cheap enough to try it and it's also something kids could do with supervision. Fun!

And I also saw someone (you'd have to check it out on YouTube) marbleizing FAKE nails. You know, the press-on type. If you're looking for a craft to sell, you could make up some sets of those and see how they sell. Just a thought. Women are wearing some crazy fun colors on their nails! You could make up sets for each holiday. Orange and black swirl for Halloween, pink red and white for Valentine's, green cranberry and gold or silver for Christmas, etc.

Post pics if you decide to try it. I think I might.

• onescrappynana
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Sameboat for those suggestions. I am going to go to Michaels to get some glass ornaments to try. Wouldn't you know I just gave my stash of paint to my daughter in law.
    But I know where she lives. LOL

• sameboat
    11 years ago

Oh onescrappynana I hope you tried it - post pics if you did!