Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Candyman

Posted by dailycollector (mjkersen@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Jun 26, 08 at 16:22

I had posted this at a different forum, but it was mentioned I should post it here, too. I want to make a 5' candyman for the holidays, to display outside. Howver, not sure what to use to make him stable and to withstand the elements. There will be no actual candy on him, just items made to look like candy. EX: logs wrapped and painted like tootsie rolls, or boards painted like boxes of Milk Duds or Good N Plenty. Only thing I know for certain is that the head will be a terra cotta pot to look like gum drop, with suckers for hair. Any creative ideas?? I keep thinking wood to build it from, but I guess I could use metal from duct work, etc. Just don't want him to look like a tin man. Suggestions please!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Candyman

Dailycollector, be sure to head over to the Holiday forum to see my reply to you there okay?

Oh, and I suggest that you use Patio Paints or if you use acrylics, be sure to put on a couple coats of sealer to withstand the elements outside.

Luvs

o
RE: Candyman

I think I'm going to try to make him out of PVC pipe and stuff for furnaces. That way I can screw the pieces together and fill the legs with sand for stability. I'll try to take pictues as I go along.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here