Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luthien_gw

DIY paper weights from garden stones

luthien
14 years ago

hello :))

just a quick post to share a simple DIY project ... turn garden stones into stylish paper weights :)

i have a full tutorial in the link below if you're curious :)

otherwise, here are some pictures :)

have a creative week!

hugs,

luthien :))

Here is a link that might be useful: you can find the tutorial here :)

Comments (6)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I thought I would print off the tutorial but all that came up was the rock painted brown & black. No dragonfly!! Anyway it came out beautiful!! I have a 15 in. long dragonfly needing to be painted, it is galvanized metal & base coated so I love the dragonfly colors!! May have to do something like that & get it done & then figure out how to make 1 for a rock. Thanks for the tutorial!! Jan

• luthien
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello jan! :)
    thank you for your sweet comments!! :))

hmmm... i dunno why you couldn't print off the tutorial...that's funny, you mean only the rock came up? i do have a dragonfly post about 2/3 posts back. i have taken pictures of the dragonflies i painted on canvas. dunno if that'll be a better help :)

ooo... that's a big dragonfly you've got there... don't forget to post pictures of it when it's done! what i did with my dragonflies was ... i painted them first on an A4 canvas then scanned them into the computer. that way i can resize then and print them out as decoupage images. you should consider that for your dragonfly as well, tho if your galvanized metal is curve (like if it's a watering can for instance) it'll be difficult to scan.

just a suggestion ...but if you first paint the 15 inch df on a piece of canvas then scan it into your computer... you can then cut and glue the original to your galvanized metal. and then varnish over. that way you kill 2 birds with one stone :) just a suggestion :)

hugs luthien :))

Here is a link that might be useful: the link that'll take you to the dragonflies on canvas

• oddie
    14 years ago

Just Beautiful! I so love your dragonfly with all the beautiful colors, wonderful idea to put them on rocks and use as a paper weight, to bad the poem wouldnt fit also, its a beautiful poem.
    TFS!
    oddie

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I did get 1 dragonfly to print out, rest of the printing was google ads, the page with dragonfly also had the poem & what you said about dragonflies!! Thanks! Jan

• luthien
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hey oddie :)
    thank you! this is such an easy thing to do.. you can make so many in one sitting. perfect as festive gifts when you have to give away tonnes of gifts without burning a hole in your pocket :) as for the poem ... we'll save it for some other crafts :))

hey jan :)
    yea... that's the page alright. are you printing from the page? i think if you click on the pictures, you can get them alone. but they're pretty large tho. you can also download them and keep them in your computer.

hugs, luthien xoxoxo

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Hi Luthien,I did get that larger & just printed it out. Thanks!! I'm so computer dense, DD gave me 2 lessons, she is messing with my pics & put them on a "take with you external hard drive I think it's called. We have all the kids weddings on there. She is trying to figure out how to get them to Photobucket-GJ ones that is, since she took them out of Kodak.Right now I can't even put pics on computer as I told it to delete memory card & it did but didn't put the pics on computer, I had made copies of the important ones while memory card was in computer.(wastes lot of battery power if left in camera. I got sick of getting new batteries every time I turned around. If you put card in computer you save all that battery power!! JAN

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County