Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joann_fla

Felt projects?

JoAnn_Fla
12 years ago

I'm interested in doing some felt projects but haven't done much of it. I know it can't be that hard. What do you make with felt? Do you have a good website you can recommend, or a project to share? (For adults)

Thanks

Comments (2)

• toomanysquirrels
    12 years ago

Try this site http://melzamelo.blogspot.com/2009/07/indice-dos-trabalhos-de-fuxico-index-of.html. It is in Portuguese, but can be translated with google translate. She makes beautiful things
    with felt and with yoyos

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

I made really cute cowboy boots 1 year. Think pattern was in Handicrafts magazine. You just find a cute boot pattern-side view & cut out 2, sew around edge as close to edge as you can get stuffing from bottom. Finish with a small fabric square with edges pinked to look like cowboy wears around his neck. Only tie it at center of boot so the triangle part of scarf hangs down to where boot has little notch between heel & front part of foot. sew a dipped place across the top part of boot forming a "Y' & sew a group of e beads strung on strong thread & finish it on top(heel side) with a 4 in. grosgrain ribbon 1/4 in. wide. with ends sharply cut should be loop from hanging & the ribbon is held on by sewing last e beads on the ribbon, about 4 of them. Takes about 34-35 of the beads,where the low part of Y is I made 2 loops hanging down1 loop 4 beads long on each side of loop & 2nd 1 5 beads on each side.. I made them with tan felt they are 4 1/4 in long & 3 1/2 in wide. I made them as gifts for my club & they weren't xmas colors.I used turquoise, peach,white & lt. blue fabric &beads were colors to match. Everyone loved them. Could put magnet on back for fridge or hang on bulletin board to brighten it up, hang on xmas tree, cute in kids room if they like cowboys etc. Gave napkin rings to everyone 1 yr out of felt. Should find pattern for rose on line. The leaf part goes around & colored part goes through them. Great gift for church ladies . I made red flowers with the green leaves but you can make them for Easter or spring using lt yellow, pink, peach etc. for the rose. Would be just as nice. No sewing involved. Just cut out & fit flower into the leaf part. Add napkin. If you are decorating for the luncheon then these are half the decoration on the table.Just add couple of centerpieces in same or contrasting colors. Or for spring use plants that they can plant & call numbers off(each guest gets number as they come in.) Then if you have 4 centerpiece plants, 4 guests take 1 home but everyone gets their rose napkin holder.I used that 3-4 times for different groups & everyone was delighted(most didn't want to use the napkins they were so pretty so I had plain ones they used.) Have fun! I think it was explained about them couple of years ago in fall about Nov?But pics wouldn't come up. Jan

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!