Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where would I find bungee-cord (only smaller)-to restring lounger

Posted by gma_j (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 10, 10 at 13:03

I bought some relatively inexpensive outdoor loungers a few years ago and the cording is breaking on all of them. I want to restring them to make them last another few years as the frame, etc. are in wonderful shape.
They are strung with a bungee cord type cord only the cord is about 1/4" (maybe a little larger) in diameter.
Does anyone have any ideas where I could it by the yard?
Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where would I find bungee-cord (only smaller)-to restring lou

Have you tried places like your local hardware store or Lowes or Home Depot? They sell rope by the foot and may have something suitable for your project.

o
RE: Where would I find bungee-cord (only smaller)-to restring lou

Thanks adella, since I posted, I found that it is called shock cord and I can buy it online.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here