Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass Blocks

Posted by logan001 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 07 at 9:58

I want to make the glass blocks with lights inside, but I need my lights to be battery operated, any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass Blocks

You can find the battery operated small lights at Michael's Craft Store, look in the "Wedding Accessories" aisle.

Or type "battery operated lights" in your web browser line and I'm sure you'll come up with several sites to check.

o
Lights

Sorry, I meant to add - those battery operated lights I spoke of at Michael's, don't last very long even though I've used 2 brand new C batteries.

o

Unless they have come up with some new kind, I dont care for the battery operated lights, you have to remove the battery when not in use or it runs them down fast, and the lights arent very bright, but they are made for wedding and short term use, so I guess they are good for what they are ment for.
Oddie

o

The little battery operated tea lights from the Dollar Tree last up to 60 hours
The set of 6 from Michaels last 100 hours each. With a 40% off coupon you can stock up on them
They use the little flat batteries. I use them instead of the real candles

o

how sucessful have you been with drilling the holes for the lights ?
i have tried,,, and wasnt that sucessful...
stace

o

I have a diamaond drill bit. I am a demonstrator for uppercase living and we have decorative vinyle embellishments that fit on the block. It makes a simple block look great! It is a very easy process but you need to be very careful you don't shatter the block. If you are still interested in more info...let me know! Log on to www.uppercaseliving.com use ID#800929 and Token: Berringer. View the FALL catalog...it will give you great ideas!
kb.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here