Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need your old horseshoes

Posted by purplewg (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 07 at 8:33

I need some old horseshoes for a project. I will be glad to pay shipping. Any size or shape, rusty or not. Please help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need your old horseshoes

Look on ebay. I was once looking for just a couple possibly for my friend for her DD's bedroom and found a ton of them. They also have alumnium shoes that won't rust and the shipping would be a lot cheaper. They were selling those in lots of about 50 for around $5 or something!

o

Thanks, I saw them but folks pay way too much for them or pay WAY TOO much shipping. eBay in my opinion has become a shipping rip-off.

o

I just looked through completed listings and most of the horseshoes come in lots of 15+, went for around $15 (so $1 each) with shipping being around $10. I don't think that's too bad. Horseshoes aren't exactly light weight! LOL If you can't find them in your area, the shipping is worth it because until you round up a whole bunch of them it could be some time. This way you are guarenteed to get them.

You just have to be careful with what you buy but most times when the shipping seems pricey, you're going to see the items within a few days :)

o

I bought a ton of horse shoes at a fair last year but she painted all of them SILVER!!!! Let me know if you are interested...

Here is a link that might be useful: Etsy shop

o
Tell me about your project!

My sister has the opposite problem. She has a collection of horseshoes with sentimental value and wants to figure out a project she can make with them.

o

Farm & Fleet has them --- I'm sure many of the farmer's supply stores do. ( And they're cheap)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here