Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
more help tea cup feeders?

Posted by livvyandbella (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 25, 09 at 8:11

Hi,
I need a bit more help. I can find the pvc pipe at Home Depot, Lowes. I can't find the caps. They have caps, but they all have rounded tops. Any other suggestions on how to glue the saucer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: more help tea cup feeders?

I used half inch copper pipe for mine. They have flat caps to put on the ends. I soldered ( but you can glue ) the cap to a jewelry finding of a leave( that I flattened with a hammer ) just so I'd have more surface area for the glue to stick.

Sorry I couldn't help with the PVC , but copper pipe is now cheap enough to use . ( 10' is $8.99 )

Photobucket

Another angle ----

Photobucket

Pic of the copper pipe in the cap -

Photobucket

o

Do you have a farmstore around. I got my at a farmstore call Rural King...Oh and if you paint your PVC, use a plastic primer first. It helps keep the paint on better...

o

I attach my teacup feeders to bud vases, then they slip over a support easily ... makes it much better for clean up too.

Here is a link that might be useful: craf-tea feeders

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here