Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor poetry,tributes, etc. Ideas?

Posted by too_many_pets (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 07 at 23:22

I'm not sure where I should post this. I'd like to put some written quotes, poems, remembrances...what have you...in my garden. I know I could do something on a large rock. I'd like to hang something though, that could handle the elements. Am I making any sense AT ALL ??? Any thoughts? THANKS!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor poetry,tributes, etc. Ideas?

If you want to make something "stone-like", you might try the Hypertufa Forum. The recipes for hypertufa vary, but it is lighter weight than concrete or stone. Be sure to check out the FAQ section also.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/hypertufa/

this page might help also :

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/hypertufa/msg031758554173.html
anotherchris

o

also check out the Garden Junk Forum. There are tons of ideas there. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/

You could probably paint on signs, planted chairs, etc. Here is a plate idea someone posted there a while back.

Here is a link that might be useful: plates

o

You could use canvas and paint large or small flags. There are cute metal holders for both.

Wooden benches are good surfaces to paint on also.

Be sure to check the posts and pics at the Tole and Decorative painting forum too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Painting forum

o

I probably should have mentioned that I already have memory stones there. Here's a link to one of the things i want to print. I kinda like the wooden bench idea.....

Here is a link that might be useful: The House Dog's grave

o

Too many pets, that is a beautiful tribute, but would be allot of words to paint on something. Why not print it out on pretty paper and seal it in plexiglass? Then you could mount it on a stake or hang it on a wall. Good luck with your project. Luvs

o

I'm trying to come up with something now for something sort of similar. My MIL wants a poem written on something to sit at her son's grave. We were thinking a piece of slate but we're not sure. Maybe a ceramic tile or possibly the fake stone used to cover houses (my Pap has a few cases left over from his house). Whatever you choose, be sure to seal it really well. That's the only way it will last and if you can help it, take it in out of the harsher weather during the winter months if you get freezing spells and snow where you live. It will save you in the long run!

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here