Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donnas_gw

Making a wisteria wreath

donnas_gw
13 years ago

I am trying to make a wisteria wreath but I can't get it to look right (I am using a grapevine wreath). I'm using the flower along with about 5" of stem (and leaves). I've bent the stem so that I can hook it onto the wreath. Should I get rid of the stem and only attach the hanging flower using hot glue? Do I even need the leaves? I've never worked with hanging, or cascading flowers in a wreath (if cascading is the right word). Thanks.

Comments (3)

• kudzukween
    13 years ago

i'd get rid of the stem and hot glue the flowers to the wreath, add just enough leaves so no one thinks it's grapes! i'd make them on the bottom of the wreath, with some going slightly up one side.
    you could make it go all the way around the wreath. use the leaves for sure, glue them under the flowers.
    we have lots and lots of wisteria and they drape downwards...in clusters of many stems...
    good luck!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Hot glue is great for inside house or on covered porch where sun won't shine on it at all. It will melt in the sun! So if it will be in the sun you would need to wire the leaves & flowers or use WELDBOND it can take the sun!! Good luck!! Jan

• bulldinkie
    13 years ago

I make all kinds wreaths,the best method I found is to get a metal wreath frame.Take a roll of thin wire you can get green,it blends in.attatch wire to back of wire form`You want wreath material to go in same direction.Lay your first bunch on wreath wrap wire aroun 1-2 times.you can hide wire later after youre done,and yes use leaves.Take next bunch over lap some wrap wire keep going till form is covered.WHen you get to end kinda tuck in to fit.fluff up leaves etc.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County