Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Challenge for May? How about "May Flowers"

Posted by sameboat (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 14 at 22:04

Anybody out there still? I thought I'd come up with a May challenge as nobody else has posted yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Challenge for May? How about "May Flowers"

Good for you same boat. I'll try to do it. May is my busy garden month tho!
Kathy

o

Sounds good to be. I'll be trying to get something done!

o
My May Flowers

My craft project in May was to water marble planters! I used the same technique as last month's challenge, only using planters instead of tiles. I have a feeling my plant shelf out back is going to be loaded with these. They are addictingly fun to make!

o

Very nice!! I may have to try that! Jan

o

How did you do that!?!?!?! Absolutely love them. I can see that they would be addicting and make lovely gifts!

o

Fill a bowl (or cup, pail, etc.) with water, drop a few drops of nail polish in, swirl it around and DIP in! I am having crazy fun doing this on glass cabuchons, tiles and whatever else I can get my hands on.

o

Thanks for the info.........hoping to try that later today! Do you seal it with anything? Or is it waterproof when dry. I just love it and can hardly believe so simple!

o

I have a couple of different spray sealers that I use for the planters and the magnets. Probably don't even need it. But I am waiting for a can of heat resistant glossy engine spray to be delivered this week so that I can make trivets and coasters. The heat from a coffee mug makes the regular spray stick to the bottom of the mug, and Mod Podge is really gummy. I'll let you know how the heat resistant spray works. It was supposed to come today but did not.

o

You are doing so well with that technique! I tried to marble paper years ago and it didn't turn out well, but I may just have to try this method.
Kathy

o

Anyone out there? Just a few days left of May...

o

Here's a glass flower or 2 I made this month. Well seems like I can't upload more than one photo so I'll post again.

o

Flower #2

o

laura those are AWESOME - how fun!

o

Love them!!!!!

o

Good job!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here