Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painted Chair

Posted by mjowest (My Page) on
Fri, May 28, 10 at 21:42

I found this chair for one dollar (!) at the Goodwill warehouse- it's decent in sturdiness-

I spray painted it green- I am painting challenged!
It needs more-
Suggestions?

I am either going to:
Use it as display in my craft booth, or sell it in the booth, remove the canvas center, and put a large pot in the center,
or leave as is.

Ideas and suggestions, Please??

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Rocking Chair

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painted Chair

what about decals? I'm painting challenged too! LOL Or sponge paint it with a cream color or several other colors. It's a sweet chair, I hope you find your inspiration!

o

Great deal for a $1, you did a nice job of painting it so looks good as is. But you could do any of things you suggested, would look wonderful with old linens on it for display, don't know what you have in your booth,afghans on it or baby blankets, if you want it for a pot of plants might be nice to sponge just the back slats with cream to give little contrast to all the green or have color in the plant pot! Have fun! Jan

o

Is the seat solid enough to sit in? Get some decorative cushions and you won't need anything else. Or just place a potting plant in/on the seat for looks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

It's a great chair! Keep the canvas strips if they're in working condition, you'll sell it quicker :D
kudzu

o

I would leave the seat in and make a patchwork cushion for it. "less is more".
But if you feel that you have to do more, you can decoupage pictures and/or buy Wallies from Michaels. These are various decorations such as cows, flowers, etc. that you can apply to the chair and finish over with a sealant.
There's a great book called "The Painted Chair" that has a lot of ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here