o
Where can I get bottlecaps?

Posted by adellabedella (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 07 at 21:12

Does Hobby Lobby or Michaels sell them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I get bottlecaps?

The only places I've seen them are at an antique store and on-line.

o

I would take a look in your local bar. They usually serve the bottles and you could probably get them for free.

karen

o

most people use the uncrimped bottlecaps for craft, I got mine at the state store or try anywhere that sells beer makeing supplies, I read that you can buy them on e-bay, also hobby lobby or check out this site they have colored ones.

http://www.edps.com/index.php/cPath/137
what are you going to make with these ? I have quite a few left and have ran out of ideas.
Oddie

o

I went to Hobby Lobby today and decided I didn't want them as bad as I thought I did. They do sell them in the scrapbook section. I had planned on using them to make lockets or pretend pocket watches for my ds #1's school group. They are having a pirate theme and I'm helping with trinkets. I brainstormed a bunch of ideas after I posted this. I came up with ideas that I liked better.

Here is the link to a locket I found. Instead of the felt hinge, I was going to add a loop of wire to connect the two bottle caps. I was going to fashion another type of clasp to keep it closed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bottle Cap Locket

o

If you know anyone that drinks beer, just ask them to get it in a bottle for a bit and you'll get quite a few! DH only drinks beer every once in awhile (mostly in the summer) and he prefers it in a bottle. I collect the caps just to fill a jar in the kitchen (one day they'll be old! LOL). I just used 24 the other day to make checkers for a checkerboard I made :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here