Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass Block Light Question

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Sat, May 30, 09 at 17:59

I'm getting an early start this year . I'd love to know where people find the pretty prints that they decoupage on the glass block . I'm sure the prints are on thin paper to let the light shine through. I hope it's not from a printer ..... my printer is too fussy on what it will print. Any ideas ? Thank You !! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass Block Light Question

Thanks. The glass blocks I have used have a smooth surface. I print my images on label paper, so there is already a sticky backing on them. I have also put my images through my Xyron machine to put adhesive on the back. I suppose you could also use decoupage or a spray adhesive.

Dottie
I got this from the lady that makes the beautiful glass blocks...

o

dont know if you might be wanting another use for glass blocks, I saw a cool one done as a garden light and useing glass for the desine, might be something you would like to try.
oddie

Here is a link that might be useful: garden lights

o
RE:another type of garden lite

heres another type of garden light. I have one block been saveing for awhile might try one of these
oddie

Here is a link that might be useful: another garden light

o

Thanks oddie they are beautiful...

o

Pretty Christmas fabric could be decopagued(sp) on also. I also just put the colored mini lights in and wrapped with Christmas wired ribbon as if it were a package... East and you can embellish the bow with Christmas picks...

o

Here's a picture of the 1st one I made. I got this picture off one of my old calenders. Scanned it, printed it on label paper and sprayed it several times with sealer, the stuck it on the block. I made several others as gifts, using old family photos. I really don't like the "seasonal" pictures and would rather do something that can be used year 'round.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here