Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question -- old -- grey -- barn wood

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 07 at 17:38

Have you ever made anything out of it ? I have 4 pieces in my attic - had it for years. I got it from someone I chatted with on the internet years ago .I don't remember who - but I remember the story of it. She lived in Texas and knew of a 100 year old barn that had this gorgeous wood. I Was excited back then - and she offered to go get some & send it to me . I took her up on it ! Here in the mail - comes this HUGE box - as tall as I am & about 3' wide and 6 inches deep - with all these planks in it ! LOL Barnwood was the rage awhile back. I've kept these boards for years - I can't bear to part with them - but can't think of anything to use them for. Have you done stuff with them ? Can you give me ideas ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question -- old -- grey -- barn wood

My SIL has some beautiful rustic looking picture frames made with old barnwood. Paid a pretty penny for them too. ~Anj

o

Birdhouses, signs, a table top, a small decorative fence? I wonder if you do some searches for barn wood crafts if that would help. Or check ebay possibly?

o

Rustic inside/or out signs with sayings on them.

o

You could make a shelf, a birdhouse or outhouse.....LOL
If you do decide to put nails in it, drill first so it doesn't split & crack
OR.......SEND THEM TO ME! LOL!

o

My house is just not decorated in a rustic decor. I don't know what to use it for. It has such character ...

This is my "Stash" ...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Would be perfect for garden signs--or use it to make a rustic table for outside, your wood is already weathered and okay for exterior use. Luvs

o
Relooking at this old barn wood

If you don't want to use it inside, I wonder if you could use it to make an outdoor rustic table. Do you have anything that needs to be covered on top? Do you need something in your garden areas to walk on so you're not stepping on flowers or plants if you need to get in there?

o

Oh My i would love ot have some of that wood. I love to make frames out of it and also, paint my snowmen on it. That is the right size to make a really cute picture of snowmen and tree's here is a great picture of one I have done. Hope you like.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketh.ope this will sshow up right

o

Granny, your snowmen are so cute, and I really like them on the rustic wood. Luvs

o

Here's a sign I picked up in a shop in Leesburg,VA about 10 years ago. It's just got a beige smear of paint (for the writing area) and then they just used a marker for the writing. The wood itself does not apperar to be sealed.

I am practicing again with Photobucket so hope this comes out OK. Carmen

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here