Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Glue for Glass on Glass

Posted by MichelleDT (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 13:47

Hi All,

New to the craft forum and looking for help. I would like to try and make this chandelier and need to know what is the best invisible glue that will hold glass to glass or glass to metal. E-6000? Instabond glue with Adhesive Activator, other?

Thanks!

Photobucket

Photo from YLighting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Glue for Glass on Glass

Welcome Michelle!! I always use the site "This To That" to decide what glues to use. Just put in what you are attaching to what and then click on "Let's Glue."

Here is a link that might be useful: This To That

o

Hi Michelle - cool light fixture! I would ue E6000 but it is NOT an instant glue and I let it cure for 3 days...

o

Thanks for the glue advice. Going to pick up a couple glues today. The light above was actually wired together and I guess if the glue fails, I will use wire (will take a lot longer tho to wire each bulb).

They want $11,000 for that light.....

M

o

Yeah, I don't see any kind of glue that work for that.

o

Sorry this is so late, go to www.thistothat.com and type in your material, they will tell you the best adhesive to use for the job or project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here