Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stuck on how to stick

Posted by freeelove (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 08 at 12:02

Hello all. I'm an occasional lurker and I tend to find great solutions and inspiration here simply by searching previous posts, but I would love advice on this prodject:

I am breaking into the Birthday Party Business for myself!
Yay!

My back drop will be a portable projector screen on a tripod with my name and web site. It was suggested by a great entertainer as an excellent backdrop alternative (they can go for 400-900 and they are plain!) He has filled in his with marker, silhouettes of children's characters (think ink blots or shadow profiles) along with "Who am I" The kids amuse them selves guessing while I set up and during the show. Love this idea!
However, I would like the option of semi permanently adhering felt/paper shapes instead so I can switch characters over time or have a boy themed set and a girl themed set.
Will glue sticks give me a semi permanent hold? Friends have suggested Velcro dots, but I don't know how it will roll up for transport with a bunch of dots.

Thanks for any suggestions, and in case anyone is wondering, I have permission to use this back drop idea from the original creator.
Lia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stuck on how to stick

Oh! Does anyone think the window cling transparencies I've read mentioned in other posts might work for me? Do they make Black?

o

Could you use a big piece of felt as the backdrop and just have the velcro on whatever is being stuck to the felt?

o

felt will stick to felt all by itself...I have been using a felt board for music classes for about 40 years, and it's still working!

o
I am sooooo sorry

I meant FLANNEL!!!!!!! not felt..............

o

Jaybird: I never would have thought of flannel! Will check it out! Thank you!

Felt and velcro might be another option, will save me having to buy so much velcro for both sides!

Thank you all so much for your ideas!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here