Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Candle lamps

Posted by perk2 (My Page) on
Sun, May 8, 11 at 11:59

I bought some 7" electric candle lamps and need to shorten the base. Does anyone know how to do this. The base is plastic and I need to cut off about 3".

Thanks for any help and advise you can give me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Candle lamps

Disassemble the piece first. Take it apart. Then take a hacksaw and cut what you need off, then reassemble it.

o

That would work BUT the piece screws into the base. So I can't cut that piece out. I'm thinking if I got about half way up, thread the wire up through the hole and then "pop" out the thingy that holds the bulb in and refit it back into the scrw part. Hope I made some sense in that. I do think that is what I need to do. Definitely make sure when I use a hacksaw that I don't cut through the wire.

Thanks for your help.

o

Perk2 - did you try shortning the candle yet? I would be interested in that if it can be done...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here