Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Macrame Plant Hangers

Posted by moonwolf (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 11:40

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone on here has old macrame plant hangers? I have one and it looks great! I looked at a pattern for one and it's mind boggling lol. I would like more but don't go to the thrift stores too often. Maybe yard sales?

I have over 30 houseplants, mostly hoyas. Not all of them are hanging plants but still I think some of them would look great in the macrame hangers. The one my grandmother gave me certainly gives the plant a retro look (in a good way)!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Macrame Plant Hangers

Hi Brad ! I can't help you find any ... but I'm stuck in the past - I LOVED the macrame hangers !!! I couldn't make one to save my soul .... I'm "knot challenged"....LOL . I find them at rummage sales .I have more hangers than plants - I have a black thumb .
Maybe you could try Etsy or E Bay - or just google it .
Maybe you'll get lucky !

o
RE: Macrame Plant Hangers

TMG, thanks! I'll keep looking! Some hoyas are pretty good beginner plants, especially Hoya carnosa (common name: wax plant). It gets these beautiful, waxy, pink or white, fragrant star shaped flowers that are in clusters. Mine hasn't bloomed yet lol but oh they smell great!

Anyways, since it's getting that time of year and all maybe I'll have to pester mom to start going to yard sales again :).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here