Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help to find a flexible material to make a form for cement projec

Posted by KayElizabeth (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 9:46

I am making a coffee table top on top of plywood which is kidney shaped. My intention is to put concrete on the top and place small glass items into the concrete, however I need to find something very inexpensive that will make my form around the plywood which I can pour the concrete into and wont drip out and all over the floor. Any idea? I have had no luck so far.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help to find a flexible material to make a form for cement pr

How about the stuff that quilters use to make stencils out of? It's thin, clear-ish, you can cut it with scissors and you could tack it into place on the edge of the plywood.

o

They have the flexible borders for your garden out of rubber and then you can use silicon (the kind with the gun) and your finger to make it leak proof

o

Cut a mold out of blue board and coat the edges with liquid rubber. Do your pour then cut away the styrofoam.

o

Cut a mold out of blue board and coat the edges with liquid rubber. Do your pour then cut away the styrofoam.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here