Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silk flower making

Posted by chedaw (My Page) on
Fri, May 12, 06 at 8:40

does anyone know of a site that offers instructions for making your own silk flowers?
TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silk flower making

fabric flowers from ribbon for decorative purposes

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_floral_tips_techniques/article/0,1793,HGTV_3423_1370939,00.html

Candace is the QUEEN, no, the GODDESS of victorian ribbon work, and one of my alltime heroines.

http://www.dltk-holidays.com/spring/mtissue_flower_vase.htm

the simple, rough and ready kid's version.

no instructions, but much inspiration

http://www.lubinflowers.com/browseitems.php?offset=0

I actually have a vintage BOOK on the subject that I think I paid a buck for at one of the library culling sales.

o

I've always wondered how they did that...it is an art for sure. Thank you for the great links.

o

long ago, all the craft stores years ago used to sell packs of pre-cut fabric (polester not silk),( he-he, I still have some)along with pkgs. of stamens and leaves, then you would wire them to a stem wire and cover it all with floral tape. have not seen them in a while. The flower pieces all came preshaped. I would think you need stff or stiffened material. Seems I saw something fairly recent where they cut out the flower pieces, and then shaped them with a rounded tool over a sponge, to get the rounded shapes. will keep looking...you may be better off with sale or dollar store flowers for the time, effort and $$..

Here is a link that might be useful: rose tut

o
more on flower making

more ribbon flowers at Offray site - scroll down

Here is a link that might be useful: ribbon flowers

o
another link

also from Wrights

Here is a link that might be useful: ribbon rose corsage

o

maybe you could check my profile..

Here is a link that might be useful: chinesesilkflower

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here