Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rainbow pins

Posted by barb_from_pa (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 08 at 8:01

I asked for ideas a few years ago and thought I would ask again. Our preschool is named Rainbow Road and at the end of the year we give each child some kind of rainbow pin that we have made. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. Thanks a bunch!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rainbow pins

I made a bunch once using the little 1" balsa wood heart cutouts that you can buy in a big package at Michaels'. I painted them white (lay them all out on sheets of newsprint paper and spray them all at once), drew a 3 color rainbow with paint pens and then put first names on with a very fine black paint pen. Glue a pin back on and there you go!

o
oops, I hit the key too soon....

I meant to add that you could do the three color rainbow as a squiggly line diagonally across the heart to make the "Rainbow Road".

o

Thanks, Jaybird!
We made similar ones several years ago, but painted the stripes with brushes, which I found difficult. I think paint pens would be much easier.

o

Another option would be to string rainbow colors of pony or other beads and attach them so they hang down behind a wood cutout. You could use various shapes for the wood cutout depending upon what you wanted. You could even glue cotton balls to a cutout for clouds.

I've seen people make cute pins out of shrinky dinks. You could make some and then put glitter glue on them afterwards to make them sparkly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here