Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tralynn_gw

bridal shower question

tralynn
14 years ago

I am attending a bridal shower soon. I have not bought the gift yet, and not even sure what I will get, but I want some ideas on how I can give this. I have done a web search on bridal shower gift baskets and mostly what I see is a spa day gift basket. This is not what I want to do. I do not know the right words to use in my search. I have also found where you could do the towel cake, but I'm not sure I like that. I would like to do something unusual, you know an alternative to gift wrapping. I love creating things like that but I am at a total loss. This is partly why I have not bought the gift yet, because I want to figure out what to make first. Would like to keep it to practical items. Sure would appreciate your help.

Comments (7)

• paperart
    14 years ago

I'm a packaging consultant for Nashville Wraps, we sell all sorts of packaging. Have you thought about using a set of beautiful nested boxes? Fill each one with small gifts,stack them up on top of each other, tie together with a pretty ribbon (bride will probably reuse it) and you have a gift within a gift. I did this for my daughter-in-laws' baby showers and they loved it and used the boxes to store baby items. I've added a link to our box page so you can get some ideas. I wish you would visit our new forum and post your question there too - might get other ideas. The link to forum is on our home page right sidebar.

Here is a link that might be useful: nested boxes

• deannabsd
    14 years ago

I went to World Market and found a nice picnic basket and filled it with a plastic table cloth, plastic divided plates, plastic silverware, salt and pepper shaker, etc. It was very reasonably priced and although it isn't a craft project, you can have a lot of fun with it. Deanna

• barbaratx
    14 years ago

I tend to be practical in my gift giving. Get a laundry basket (an oval wicker type is nice) and fill it with kitchen things like a cutting board, dish towels, cook book, kitchen timer, etc.

• huggybear_2008
    14 years ago

PAPERART, I love the idea of nesting boxes, and you could use hat boxes too.. I have a whole set of 6 nesting hat boxes.. so now I know what to use the next time.and I could even cover them in baby paper or wedding shower paper.. fill will all kinds of goodies.. do not have to use that many boxes, but that sure is a cute idea.. thanks for sharing with us..

Huggy

• User
    14 years ago

For bridal showers, I sometimes buy a white metallic mailbox from Home Depot. The long kind with the arched door, not the box type that opens on top. I paint the new last name on the side and add an appropriate design. Spray with poly to protect from the weather.

Open the end and put the real gift inside--a set of towels, baking pans and bowls, gardening tools, set of sheets. Whatever fits. It's a nice, personalized gift.

Dianne

• huggybear_2008
    14 years ago

dian, That is a great idea about the mailbox I am going to use that the next time.. would be soooo cute. Thanks for sharing..
    Huggy

• amberscu
    14 years ago

I like the idea of a laundry basket. You could fill it up with all of the little things that she will not be receiving at the shower or wedding. Like, laundry soap, dish soap, towels, and everthing mentioned above.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County